Saturday, August 11, 2018

Week in Review 8.11.18

Untitled

This week I summered like summer has never been summered before. I can't say I did it all with a good attitude though. I went tubing with a dear friend (which was AMAZING), took the girls yurt camping and had all our stuff brought back from storage. I'm excited to start the next phase of the basement but I'm feeling flattened by the amount of work needed. 

Untitled

Untitled

Exercise


Exercise took a bit of a back burner this week. I did get in three workouts - two boot camps and BurnCycle class. I had some tummy issues this week which made my workouts hard to accomplish and a bit rough. I'm glad I got three workouts in though. 



Untitled

Food

Food was hit and miss this week. Camp food is not always the best for you but the girls did love making s'mores and cooking hot dogs over a fire. I was thrilled to come home to my smoothies though. They just help me start out my day on the right foot and taste really good!  

Untitled


The Girls

The girls have begged me for the past two summers to go camping. I'm not really a fan and camped a ton as a child. However, I decided they needed to experience it. We headed to Cape Disappointment where I rented a yurt. Scott declined to come because he said he wasn't camping. Maggie LOVED the experience and asked to go again next summer with just me. Molly hated it. She said the bathrooms were gross and that camping was not what she imagined. I tried so hard not to laugh and laugh when she said that. As for me, I was bored camping. It might have been that I was the only adult and three days with just kids is a lot of kid time or maybe camping is boring. I did read three books. I'm already thinking about doing this again next year. 


Untitled

Molly was also sick at the beginning of the week and then poor Maggie caught the sickness at the end of the week. There have been liberal applications of Advil, snuggles and popsicles. 


Untitled

Screen-free time has been going ok. The kids have figured out ways to watch tv though and I'm doing my best to limit them. There have been some temper tantrums and well, we are working on that. I have also been trying to figure out how to balance what I need to do with the kids desire for my attention. 


Untitled

Other Goings On

Today I had all the stuff from storage moved back into the basement. It wasn't as much as I thought which is good but I still need to go through everything and get rid of more stuff. I'm kinda excited to be getting rid of more stuff. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat