Saturday, August 25, 2018

Week in Review 8.25.18

Untitled

This week was a slog of smoke. The girls had a half day gymnastics camp which saved us from craziness but otherwise we were stuck inside due to extremely poor air quality. It literally stank. We did find creative ways to entertain ourselves which was important since we are still without a tv. I let the girls watch Netflix on my iPad but that is severely limited. It has actually been a great thing for us even if it has meant more intense kid time for me. 

Untitled

Exercise


I made workouts work with the smoke this week. I definitely didn't workout at my peak which was frustrating since I started a new program with my gym and wanted to push it. I did get in 
three boot camps, two Barre3 classes and two workouts on my own. My gym owner has given me a personal workout to complete and my goal is to get it done two-three times a week on my own. This may mean doing double workouts some days which I actually like.  I re-did my assessment (a few days early due to a scheduling conflict) and here are my new measurements with my baseline ones in parentheses. I'm pretty happy with my improvement! 

My new measurements are:


Pushups in 60 seconds (I did these on my knees): 24 (16)

Step Ups in 60 seconds: 24 (24)
Inverted Rows: 7 (5)
Plank (for time)(full plank on my forearms): 1:08 (57 seconds) 
3 Hill Runs: 7:31 (7:45)

Untitled

Food

There was some overindulgence this week as I was working on a story about cookies. (Get yourself to Hood Famous Bakery for their Ube Cookie, it is sooooo good!) I mean they needed to be taste tested and I am the gal to do this! The smoke also just made me lethargic and wanting to eat more. This is something I'll need to address as Fall is coming and I always feel lethargic and with a desire to eat more in my favorite season. 

I'm thinking ahead to school lunches and how in just 10 days, I'll be back to packing them. The girls and I need a Costco trip before then! I need to stock up on all the foods and now that I have my basement and garage back, I can totally do it. I'm excited about having some order back in our food lives. 

Untitled



The Girls

Both girls went to half-day gymnastics camp this week and LOVED it. I'm so glad they were able to go together (but were in different classes) and I'm 100% sure we will be doing this one again next year. It was so much fun to watch them really enjoy themselves. 


Untitled

I realized we had not visited the library in quite some time and took them to a new one this week. My favorite moment was when Molly begged to read her new books on the way home and said, "I just love books!" My heart seriously swelled. And in my house, you can pretty much read books anytime, anytime! Even if it means you stay up late. Go ahead! READ! 


Untitled

The girls also did a MOMA Jackson Pollack art kit which was seriously stressful for me but turned out so well. My mom got Maggie this kit for Christmas and we just never broke it out. With the poor air quality and needing something to entertain these kids, it was perfect and messy. 

Untitled

Other Goings On


Maggie swallowed a penny on Sunday night which was super annoying for me. I was trying so hard to be a caring person but was also annoyed because it meant we had to go to the ER for an x-ray. It was luckily very quick and the penny was securely in her tummy. Maggie has excitedly been going poop all week, looking for her penny. Geez!



Untitled


Other than exciting penny news, I've been busy trying to purge clutter out of our house and moving stuff from the upstairs back down to the basement. I spent three hours on Sunday cleaning the girls closet and purging three garage bags of clothing. My friend was grateful for the new clothing for her girls and I was happy to pass it along! 

Golden Gardens Low Tide

Stories Published


Seattle Refined: The best tide pools to explore near Seattle

Seattle Refined: 5 Amazing hot springs in Washington

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat