Saturday, August 18, 2018

Week in Review 8.18.18

Untitled

There are two and half weeks left until school starts again. I'm obsessively counting down the days as my children obsessively fight the coming change. We've had a great summer but the lack of routine and intense kid time has been wearing on me. I also find fall to be a quasi time of rebirth. I revamp my goals, I tighten up my schedule and get back to all the things that make me happy. So I'm counting down the days until school starts again with its early mornings, lunch-making time and sweet glorious routine! 

Untitled

Exercise


I worked out a lot this week but I don't necessarily feel like I worked hard. Seattle has been super smoky with poor air quality. We've been told to stay inside and my air purifier has been running 24/7. Because of that, my workouts have been less intense. I went to three boot camps, a CityCycle class and a Barre3 class this week. It felt good to start getting back on track but my lungs are going to need clearer skies in order to really get back into it. I also started a 6 week transformation program with my gym this week. We did our baseline assessments on Wednesday and I was pretty happy with my results. I have decided I want to work on my cardiovascular fitness since that was the one result I wasn't thrilled about. We'll be testing every two weeks or so and I'll share my improvements here. 


My baseline measurements were:


Pushups in 60 seconds (I did these on my knees): 16

Step Ups in 60 seconds: 24
Inverted Rows: 5
Plank (for time): 57 seconds (full plank on my forearms) 
3 Hill Runs: 7:45

Untitled

Food

Scott and I had date night last night and headed to Cap Hill to check out Little Uncle. It was super fresh Thai food and so good! It was a bit of a drive though so not something we will necessarily go to often but if we are in the neighborhood, we'd be there in a flash! 

I'm in a cooking rut but I did force myself to do some real cooking this week and it was good! I made brined pork chops from Butcher Box and they were so good! The salad was amazing and the kids gobbled down the mashed potatoes I added. I'm forcing myself back into cooking and meal prep because I honestly love it. 

Untitled
The Girls

We worked hard on Molly's temper tantrums and bedtime stalling this week using the Kazdin Method. It's been a challenge to remain super positive while doling out rewards with a smile BUT we have already started to see an improvement in her behavior which is such a wonderful thing. Supposedly we should be able to phase out of the rewards in a month or so. Until then, Molly is busy earning points to change into Shopkins. They are her current currency. 

Untitled

Otherwise Maggie went to Peddleheads (bike) camp and loved it! Molly took a gymnastics camp with a friend which was awesome but too short. I'm trying to remember that they will be back in school soon and lazy summer days will be a distant memory. I might miss them. 


Untitled

Other Goings On


I was lucky enough to be invited to the Brooks Run Happy Fall event which is always amazing. I love connecting with all the bloggers and runners. AND I got a new pair of Levitate 2 in this amazing bright color. At first I was unsure about the color but now I'm like, yeah! The fall line is amazing and I've already ordered apparel from it. I'll talk more about them in a future post. 


Untitled

I also finished Book Bingo which was amazing! I read some great books this year and really got myself on a reading streak. I've been spending less time on social media and more time with my nose in a book. 


Untitled

Stories Published


Seattle Refined: Enjoy ultimate Summer fun with a float down the Wenatchee River


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat