Wednesday, February 04, 2004
My First Triathlon

Three years ago when I decided to embark on my triathlon journey, I didn't know I'd end up here. I had always thought about competing in an event such as a triathlon but I really thought it would be too hard so I stuck to 5K's and worked out at the gym. My friend Diana and I had recently met and she convinced me that I could do one so I signed up for the Danskin Triathlon in Seattle with her.

Here I am exiting the water from that very first tri.



And here I am finishing:



What a rush that was! That was the day that the Danskin logo became true for me.

"The Woman who starts the Race is not the same Woman who finishes the Race"

What I discovered that day is I can do anything I put my mind to and what a wonderful discovery that was.

In the end, I believe any woman can complete a triathlon if she really wants to. Anyone can do anything they put their mind too.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat