Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Edges

My Mom assigned me the task of making a Cherry Pie and I do love me some pie making. I purchased beautiful frozen cherries from Remlinger Farms even though they were a few more dollars than the other ones because I wanted this pie to be perfect!

Burnt Edges

I really should have listened to my gut that told me to put aluminum foil around the pie edges but I didn't so the edges got a bit (ok a lot) burnt! However the pie was so frickin delicious and the burnt edges were easily removed. Next time though, I'm listening to my littler baker's voice, it is always right.

Oh and I'm going to continue to make all my pies from the book, Pie: 300 Tried-and-True Recipes for Delicious Homemade Pie! It has helped me make the most perfect pies!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat