Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Yellowstone Road Trip - Day 1 & 2

Columbia River Gorge

The Yellowstone Road Trip started off mid-morning on a Saturday. I packed up the car, pushed Scott toward the car, waved goodbye to the cat and we were off!

We stopped for breakfast in Bellevue, just across the I-90 bridge from Seattle before heading over the first of many mountain passes.

As Scott drove across Washington, I worked on my Crows Feet socks. I also made sure to point out interesting road kill and kept mentioning how beautiful Washington is.

T-Rex (aka Awesomesaurus) & YIP.146

We stopped just outside of Vantage, Washington to check out the Petrified Forest where we also found the dinosaur, Awesomesaurus. Unfortunately after seeing the dinosaur, the Petrified Forest was not as awesome.

We next zoomed our way to Spokane where we had a delightful dinner with my Grandparents along with my Aunt and Uncle. They had the most delicious skewers and I brought cherry pie. All in all a good feast.

Day 147 (147/365.2) Braids in Idaho

The next morning, we slept in a bit before heading over to Coeur D'Alene to check out Hudson's burgers which was unfortunately closed on Sundays! Boo!

Berkeley Pit Entrance

We instead had lunch at Denny's and headed toward Butte, MT. One of my friends is from Butte, so we got the inside scoop on what to check out and where to eat. We stopped at the Berkeley Pit and took a ton of photos of the pit filled with murky water.

Scott Approves of Pork Chop John's

Dinner that night was at Pork Chop John's where I tried the Pork Chop Sandwich. Now lest you think the Pork Chop Sandwich has a big piece of bone in it, let me tell you that it contains no "Chop" but does contain yummy pork! It was a delicious yet inexpensive dinner.

Pork Chop Sandwhich

We spent the rest of our evening soaking in cable television in preparation of our time in Yellowstone where there was no TV, cell phone service nor wireless. It was nice to slow-down and be away from technology but at the end of the day, I love my technology!

Waiting at Pork Chop John's

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat