Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yellowstone Road Trip - Day 6, 7 & 8 (Or The Final Damn Post about Yellowstone)

Perfection

We spent out sixth and seventh days in the Grand Tetons which are really the most lovely mountains that I've ever seen.

Grand and the General Store

We spent most of one day in Jackson Hole, WY nipping into shops and re-filling my book supply. It's amazing how many books one reads when they don't have a computer or tv to distract them.

Tetons

Scott and I then explored the Menor Ferry area which was really cool! There was an old cabin and a general store along with a "garage" for the wagons, etc. Additionally they were re-doing the ferry and said that it would be available for use later in the summer. The ferry is made of wood which occasionally needs to be replaced as we all know that water and wood do not mix very well.

Lewis and Clark Motel

We next moved on to Bozeman, MT which is one of my all time favorite cities. I think if I lived in Montana, I'd want to live in Bozeman. While there Scott and I saw the movie "UP" which was so good. I want to watch it over and over again like I did with Wall-E.


Scotts Hudson burger

On the eighth day, we headed home but stopped in Coeur d'Alene to eat at Hudson's. Gourmet magazine was right, these burgers are GOOD! Hudson's is small and does not offer sides but the burgers, oh the burgers were delicious!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat