Tuesday, August 25, 2015

A Blanket for Molly

Make #fmsphotoaday I'm making a blanket for Molly.

When I was pregnant with Molly, I spent most of my time knitting sweaters for her but I never quite got around to knitting her a blanket. When I was pregnant with Maggie, I made her a blanket but not as many sweaters. Molly was so intensely jealous of Maggie's blanket and asked me to make her one. I think she was feeling a bit replaced after Maggie's birth. She didn't quite understand that no one can replace her so I felt the act of making her a blanket was a way to show her my love for her.

chevronblanket

I sat down with her and we cruised around Ravelry, checking out different patterns for blankets. We found an amazing pattern and I asked Molly what she wanted the colors to be. She was 2. 5 at the time so not very imaginative in her color choices. She asked that her blanket be the same colors as the pattern. I ordered the yarn and got to work. I knit for awhile and then put it aside for one reason or another.

chevronblanket3

This past June, I picked it up again and began to knit furiously. I knit and I knit and I knit. Within a few weeks, I had completed the blanket. Molly has loved it from the start. She likes to wrap herself in it (even on 90 degree days) and says she is wrapped in love.

chevronblanket1

I also love Molly's blanket. It was an easy yet entertaining pattern. I love that Molly asked me to make her a blanket. I'll pretty much make her anything if she asks. I love that the blanket really reminds me of Molly. The colors are perfect! Her 2.5 year old self knew exactly what she wanted. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat