Saturday, July 22, 2017

Week In Review 7.22.17


Untitled

We spent this week in Palo Alto as Scott had to work. The girls and I enjoyed staying in one place for 5 nights and loved the hotel pool! It was a fun week full of relaxing, adventures and connecting with a dear friend. 

Untitled

Exercise

Formal exercise returned this week and guys, I am so sore! I went to two barre3 classes at the Los Altos location and they were pretty good. My hips were so angry at me though after spending a day at the Monterey Aquarium that I cancelled my third class on Friday morning. I was practically limping after a day at the aquarium and had shooting pains down my leg. Not good! I've had hip problems for awhile and think all the hiking and car time in the last two weeks have not been helpful. I'll be working to get back on my hip exercise program and am going to go get some acupuncture when we get back to town. We also spent so much time swimming in the pool this week. We were out there every single day except Tuesday when the pool was closed. 



Untitled


Food

Food was so much better this week since we were in Palo Alto, CA for Scott's work. We stayed at a Hilton Home Suites which allotted us a small kitchen. I went grocery shopping on Monday and picked up lots of greens and fruits for salads and snacks. Our vegetable intake was on the up and up this week! I also got some of my beloved kombucha but none of it was as good as my Puget Sound Kombucha! Additionally our hotel provided a really good breakfast and "nibbles" at night. The "nibbles" were literally a full-fledged meal. I took the girls down one night when Scott was at a work dinner and found a huge spread which took care of my "what are we going to eat for dinner" dilemma. 


Untitled

I also had the opportunity to meet up with a friend from Junior High (I like to keep friends forever!) and we had the most amazing (and un-photographed) Tea Leaf Salad with Burmese tea leaves, fried garlic, yellow beans, peanuts, sesame seeds, lettuce, tomato, jalapeno peppers and dried shrimp. It was so good! 



Untitled

We tried Creamistry for dessert one night. They make your ice cream using liquid nitrogen in front of you. It was a bit gimmicky but fun. The ice cream was tasty too!

Untitled

We'll be back home on Sunday night so I've planned out our meals for the next week and got my grocery shopping done online. I'm trying out One Potato this week so some of our meals come from them. We'll be having: 

  • Monday: Sausage and Slaw
  • Tuesday: Tacos
  • Wednesday: Tofu Stir-Fry 
  • Thursday:  One Potato Veggie Chicken Fajitas
  • Friday: Pizza 
  • Saturday: One Potato Steak Fajitas

The Girls


Untitled

The girls were much better this week which I attribute to staying in one place, eating healthy food and getting good sleep. We had some adventures but we also had days where we just hung around the hotel and chilled out. We took in Happy Hollow Farms and made the trek to the Monterey Aquarium. Both were fun experiences!


Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat