Saturday, July 08, 2017

Week in Review 7.8.17

Untitled

This week had a long weekend and lots of vacation prep going on. We enjoyed our four day weekend with Scott. I used his time off on Monday to get new tires for my car and run some errands while he dropped the kids off at school. We figured it was best if they went to school to have fun with their friends instead of staring at us, waiting for us to entertain them.

Untitled

Exercise

Exercise was great this week! I wanted to get all I could in before vacation so I went to four boot camps and took a long hike on the Fourth of July. The kids were amazing on our 5 mile hike. It was a pretty easy hike but we've done easy hikes before and they've turned into quite the episodes. The kids only started to complain about being hungry when we were less than a 1/2 mile from the car. I had lunch waiting for us so we noshed in the car before heading home.

Untitled

Food


Untitled

I took a pre-vacation approach to food this week which meant we ate out more than we normally do. I also worked hard to use up the food in the fridge. I ended up making Beet Pickled Eggs since I had lots of beets in the produce drawer and eggs from my chickens. I also grated up a bunch of carrots and froze them for future meals.

Untitled

I tried the Money on Honey chocolate from Starbucks and it was so good! Wildflower honey caramel with dark chocolate and french sea salt. DIVINE! 

The Girls


Untitled

The girls are full of summer excitement. All they want to do is be outside. They want to ride their scooters, go swimming, frolic and play. I can't say I'm against any of these plans. I love their zest for life.

Untitled

We did our annual family hike on the 4th of July at Tiger Mountain which went really well. It made me hopeful for more hikes! Scott had the day off on Monday so we found Molly's class at Carkeek Park which she loved. She loves showing her Dad what she does during the day while he is at work. 

Untitled

We had my brother and his family over on Sunday. Maggie loves her baby cousin. She says he is "baby tiny" which cracks me up. Molly spent a ton of time playing with her other cousin. They love seeing them. 

Other Goings On


Untitled

Other than vacation prep, cleaning the house and running a lot of errands, not much went on around here. We did catch up with some friends and the girls got to meet their sweet dog. I got new tires on the car and worked hard to finish up some projects. Whew! I love going on vacation but I am not a fan of prepping for it. I always prep too hard. I've also been doing more Instagram Stories. I'm kinda obsessed. 

Stories Published

Sweet Cherry Granola Yogurt Popsicles

Seattle Refined: Summertime is Popsicle Time

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat