Friday, June 01, 2018

It's Book Bingo Time!

Untitled

It's my favorite time of the year! Seattle Public Library Book Bingo time! I'm not even going to say that I'm not going to get obsessed because I am obsessed. The day the Bingo cards were released, I was trolling the library site for them before giving up and driving to a branch to find them. I may have been a bit anxious. I spent a good portion of last Friday telling Maggie to watch another tv show while plotting out my bingo books. It was worth it! 

Want to join in? First things first, you can grab your Bingo Board on the SPL site or at your local SPL branch. They also have a Summer of Learning for the younger set which launches on June 15th! Molly is excited about the program and can't wait to get started. **EDIT: There is also a Kid's Bingo Board! Get it online!**

Untitled

I started my reading adventures last week and have already read two books! I'll be posting about my progress on Instagram all summer, using the hashtag #reebeckireads

Untitled

There are 24 categories on the board and here are my plans (subject to change) for all of them! Well, most of them, I still need a suggestion for recommended by a young person! Also the shorter the better, I need to read 24 books before Labor Day! 



finish a book started and put down: The Heart's Invisible Furies by John Boyne
mystery or thriller: Then She was Gone by Lisa Jewell 

written by an author from another country: Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

award-winning author: Less by Andrew Sean Greer

about the environment: Lab Girl by Hope Jahren

by an author of color: An American Marriage by Tayari Jones 

recommended by an independent bookseller: Homegoing (Elliott Bay Books Staff Pick) by Yaa Gyasi




author (or character) has physical disability: The Eagle Tree by Ned Hayes

takes place in the area where you were born: Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder



outside your bubble: Circe by Madeline Miller





Recommended by a young person: Any young person out there ready to recommend me a book? 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat