Friday, October 21, 2005
Running with Zubin



My friends Julie and Eric are off in Chicago at a wedding this weekend so I'm staying at their place with the Zubster. Last night when I arrived home from work, I was tired and a bit grumpy. Zubin didn't care about any of that, he just wanted to RUN! While I got ready to go on a run that I didn't want to par-take in, I made him sit on his green chair. The whining and talking back that I heard was vastly amusing.

Once I was ready to go and Zubin was leashed up, we sprinted outside. I started my heart rate monitor and off we flew. Zubin was pulling as hard as a sled dog and I was his poor victim. We sprinted past walkers and other dogs and began heading up the one hill we needed to climb before the fun part of the run started. Once we hit, the peak the serious running began. Zubin wanted to fly. Zubin wanted to enjoy the run and so I ran like Phoebe in Friends. I just didn't care about style or the proper way, I just ran. We ran through the leaves and over the freeway and down the hill. It was on the downslope of the hill that I raced Zubin and won! Once we were within a few blocks of Zubin's house, I slowed us to a walk and once we arrived home, Zubin rested his weary body on his green chair. This time though there wasn't any whining or back-talk, just some sighs of happiness. In the end, I'm glad that Zubin made me run as it ended up being a good one.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat