Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Float On...

Untitled

A few weeks ago, I had the chance to check out Urban Float and try out floating for myself. I am not somebody who can relax easily and usually has a million things going on so I was intrigued by the concept of floating in salt water for an hour. 

I arrived at Urban Float and was led back to my float room. There was a large pod in the center of the room and I was told about the lights, how the lid worked and what to do if I got salt water in my ears or eyes. I quickly disrobed and hopped on into the water. I decided to wear a swimsuit because I wasn't sure if you floated naked or not. I'm kinda glad I wore a suit but know if you decide to wear one that you need to really rinse it out once you are done. I did a preliminary rinse but needed to wash and soak my suit later that night. 

I slid into the water and adjusted my body to a nice floating positing. I opt'd to leave the lights on but closed the lid. You can either leave it open or close it. They recommend closing it to keep your body warm. I ended up having to crack the lid when I got too steamy about 20 minutes in. I honestly had a hard time relaxing and while there was lovely music playing, got completely bored about 40 minutes into the float. I feel like 30 minutes would have been plenty for me. I tried to hang out but after 45 minutes got out and took a long shower in the provided showers. The salt water quickly started to dry on my skin and took some effort to wash off.


Overall, I'd say the experience was good. I still have a few more floats available for use but I'm not sure if I'll use them or not. The whole experience took about an hour and a half which is a lot for my schedule. However,  I could really see the benefits of relaxing and floating. It would be really good for injury healing. 


1121 E Union Street, Seattle, WA 98122, USA

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat