Tuesday, October 02, 2018

Monthly Goal Check-In (September)

Untitled


Honestly, I did just didn't do much in September. I got settled into the new routine, I dreamed up a lot of things to do and did a lot of nothing. I did get some good work done on our lawn and started on getting the garage in good shape. I got Molly settled into school and Maggie into the rhythm of her new class. I cleaned and cooked a lot. Otherwise, a lot of not much. 

Untitled

2018 Goals
  1. Workout 218 times in 2018 - I worked out 21 times in September. My goal was 20 times. I'm at 194 workouts for the year with 24 to go! 
  2. Go Skiing 
  3. Complete "The Artist's Way"
  4. Learn Hand Lettering 
  5. Paint the Bathroom - Due to our other bathroom not being done in time, I did not do this in September but I did start the process and hope to complete the painting in October. 
  6. Find a picture for the oval frame in my bedroom 
  7. Replace the sad Rhododendron plant with a Dwarf Japanese Maple (or another plant) - I did this! I bought a beautiful little Japanese Maple and it was the most amount of money I've ever spent on any one plant, ever. 
  8. Build (or buy) a trellis for my vegetable garden 
  9. Buy a new dishwasher 
  10. Embrace Minimalism by doing the Minimalist Game for an entire month 
  11. Reduce our food bill and food waste - I've been working hard at not wasting food! 
  12. Read War and Peace, Moby Dick, A Tale of Two Cities and The Grapes of Wrath -  I read a lot of Moby Dick while raging at how many words are used to describe nothing. I also started A Tale of Two Cities which already feels like a faster read. 
  13. Read the Bible - I'm not quite caught up but I'm working hard on it. 
  14. Knit Nanoo - Nanoo! I'm still working on this. Working, working and finding mistakes and rip, rip, ripping! 
  15. Knit 12 hats for charity - I got my September hat knit up with a little heart in it. 
  16. Repeat Goal: Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - I starting working on this goal. I get paralyzed in fear that I'm doing this wrong and then do nothing so I'm forcing myself to do it. 
  17. Repeat Goal: Finish my Miter Square Blanket  - I did nothing with this during September. 
  18. Repeat Goal: Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls - This is a goal that is dragging on me but I want to get done. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat