Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Brusha Brusha Brusha



Last week, I visited the dentist for my bi-annual check-up. After a TWO HOUR cleaning (in which I accidentally bit the technician), I learned that I had a cavity which needed to be taken care of right away. So like a responsible person, I made the appointment for the cavity to be filled.

Yesterday, I went to have my cavity filled. The poor tech was there but knew not to stick her fingers in my mouth and then tell me to "bite down" as I will "bite down" and it will hurt ones fingers. The cavity filling began and amazingly enough it wasn't too bad. I giggled to myself as my Dentist told me stories about his days in Dental School but due to the drilling which shook my head and made it impossible to hear.

The conversation was a bit like this:

Dentist: So she was about 65 or so...
DRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, BRAIN SHAKING! DRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Me: Mhhamammmamaghghahahammmmmm
Dentist: and then she had this...
DRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, BRAIN SHAKING! DRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Me: Mhhamammmamaghghahahammmmmm
Dentist: It was inter...
DRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, BRAIN SHAKING! DRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Me: Mhhamammmamaghghahahammmmmm

and so it went. I wonder if the Dentist knew that I only heard about a word or two of what he said.

And unfortunately I do have to go back to have him finish the cavity filling which just sucks!

Thanks for all the good thoughts for my Grandpa. He is still in the hospital and I've been visiting him every day and holding his hand. I think it brings him some comfort.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat