Sunday, February 23, 2014

Nine Weeks with Chicken Nugget

Maggie - 9 weeks

This week was a bit quieter for Maggie with the exception of her two month doctor visit. She got her vaccination shots and did not like them AT ALL! We went out to lunch afterwards and she slept the entire time. I think the anger at the shots wore her out.

Earlier in the week, we went to the Zoo as a family. I'm not sure that Maggie saw much of the zoo between snoozing in the infant seat and gazing at her hands but she was sure happy. We also had playdates with some friends and even went to Gas Works so Molly and her BFF, Norah could splash in the puddles.

contemplative

I've noticed that the evenings are rough around here and I'm trying to proactively plan ahead. From 5 p.m. to about 8 p.m., Maggie wants to eat (tank up) for her long sleep and Molly wants to get in her face while being 2 years old. It's a rough combination and I lose my cool way more than I'd like. I've been trying to prep dinners that can be thrown together at 5:30 p.m. instead of cooked. We're trying to keep to a strict bedtime routine for Molly to lessen the two-ness and most importantly we are trying to remember that every evening is the witching hour.

Maggie is getting so big and strong. She can hold her head up better and she does little push-ups during tummy time. It's adorable. The doctor said she thinks we'll have an early mover on our hands at her appointment on Friday. Dr. Maggie (yep, our daughter and doctor share a name!) put Maggie on the exam table and she made some crawling motions. I swear I felt my eye twitch because it is going to be a whole new ball game when I have two mover and shakers in the house!

poormags

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat