Saturday, February 08, 2014

Seven Weeks with Chicken Nugget

Maggie 7 Weeks

We are getting into a rhythm around here. It's still really rough but it feels good to get into a routine. We try to get out of the house in the morning to help run the energy out of Molly before heading home for lunch and naps. Molly and Maggie have both been taking nice naps in the afternoon at the same time. Since I don't know how long this awesome thing will continue, I've been using the afternoons to tackle my to-do list, knit and nap. I like the naps the best. 

Maggie slept almost 10 hours in a row, twice this week. She also woke up at 3:30 a.m. twice this week and was up for almost two hours before I could get her back down. I was so tired and just wanted to go back to sleep. I handle most of the nighttime parenting (as I am the food source) but I was so close to tapping out last night and telling Scott just to handle it but she kept looking like she was alllllmmmoooossst asleep so I kept holding on. Eventually she drifted off and I quickly followed. 

Maggie had her six week hip ultrasound this week. She was breech most of the pregnancy which raises her risk for hip dysplasia. Luckily her hips look great! Unfortunately her appointment was smack in the middle of the SeaHawk SuperBowl Celebration Parade and we had to go almost into the center of the mess. We left for home just as the parade ended and halfway home, Maggie got super hungry. I couldn't get out of the traffic to pull over and feed her so the poor thing cried and cried. I felt so terrible for her. I was able to pull over after the longest 10 minutes of crying and spent even more time calming her down before feeding her. Poor dear! 

Speaking of feeding, Maggie is pretty much just feeding from the bottle. She is not interested in the boob, no matter how many times I offer it to her. This means I have become a pumping machine which also means that leaving to go anywhere takes at least 45 minutes longer. People keep telling me that she might catch on and I'm still hopeful but I'm also ok if she doesn't. 

My best friend is in town this weekend and got to meet Maggie. Maggie loved her. She just relaxed into her shoulder with a sigh. I loved seeing the two of them together. Mot also wore Molly out which all of us appreciated. 

Artists

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat