Friday, February 28, 2014

Cookie Butter Cocoa Crispy Rice Treats

My sweet tooth has been raging out of control lately. I'd like to blame it on my 5 month vacation from sweets during Maggie's pregnancy but let's be honest, my sweet tooth has always been a bit of a rager. 


CookieButter

I went on a Pinterest bender while feeding Maggie earlier this week which led me to a fierce craving for Rice Krispy treats with a twist. When I spotted Cookie Butter & Cocoa spread at Trader Joe's, I had this treat lurking at the forefront of my mind. I grabbed a jar and headed home to create a sugary, crunchy treat. 



toppedtreats

I served these at my PEPS Happy Hour last night and my friends raved about them. They also asked how I had time to make these treats with a toddler and a newborn. Well let me tell you, you can totally whip these up in less than 15 minutes and it's a great cookie to make with your toddler. Mine especially loved stirring the melted butter and marshmallows. 

SpreadCookieButter

Cookie Butter Cocoa Crispy Rice Treats
by Rebecca Mongrain
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients (Yield: One 9X13-inch Pan)
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 4 cups miniature marshmallows
  • 7 cups crispy rice cereal
  • 1 jar Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl
Instructions
Grease two 9x13-inch pans.
In a large saucepan, melt butter and marshmallows over low heat. Stir occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla
In a large bowl, add melted marshmallow mixture to cereal and stir. Make sure the cereal is coated evenly and throughly.
Spread 2/3 of the cereal into one of the greased 9x13-inch pans. Press the remaining into the other pan. It will not fully cover the pan but this is ok as you want holes.
Spread the Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl over the fuller pan before placing the other pan of cereal on top of the spread. Press down so some of the swirl oozes out. Let sit until completely firm.
Powered by Recipage

Filled pan

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat