Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pinterest Thursday - Valentine's Day Crayon Hearts


I found this pin and variations of it all over Pinterest this past year. I pinned all of them and made grandiose plans in my head. I wasn't sure that I was going to actually make these Valentine's this year because heart crayons are difficult to mail. Then Molly's Co-Op Preschool said that we would be exchanging Valentine's Day Cards and I knew I had to make these. One of Molly's favorite things to do is to color and I thought this would be a great way to share her love with a heart crayon. 

Untitled

This project was super easy to do and I look forward to making many more heart crayons in the coming years. The hardest part was peeling the paper off the crayons though I later heard that you can dip the crayons in cold water which supposedly makes the paper easier to remove. I'll have to try it next time I make these. 

Untitled

My only advice on making these is to overfill the compartments a bit. When the crayons melt, all the empty spaces fill in and the crayons can end up shallower than you may have planned. 

Untitled

I also suggest that once the crayons are melted that you allow them to cool overnight (or for at least 12 hours) before fiddling with them. I ruined a few by getting too excited and trying to mess with them when they weren't cooled enough yet. 

Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat