I was recently introduced to Tasteful Selections potatoes and guys, I love them! They come in 1-bite, 2-bite and 3-bite sizes and are all consistently sized for even cooking which gives me more time with my family.
After cooking some simple fare with these potatoes, I decided to try something more complex. Potato salad is pretty standard summer food and while the traditional one is good, I knew it could be better. I set out to create a potato salad with tons of flavor but one that can be easily made without fuss.
While I suggest roasting the tomatoes yourself and making pesto from scratch, these are two ingredients that can easily be substituted with pre-made ones from the grocery store. I really do recommend making them yourself for the most flavor. Using Tasteful Selections Potatoes guarantees that your potatoes will roast evening due to consistent sizing and the creamy texture really ups the ante in this salad.
Pesto Potato Salad with Roasted TomatoesPrep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 90 minutesIngredients (8 servings)
- 4 cups San Marzano or grape tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Kosher Salt
- 24 ounces of Tasteful Selections Potatoes, 1-bite potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup Kale-Basil Pesto
- 6 ounces crumbled salty cheese, such as queso fresco
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, well-toasted and cooled
- 1/2 cup pitted and rough-chopped olives of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- Handful fresh basil leaves, roughly choppedInstructions
- Start by roasting the tomatoes. You can use jarred oven-roasted tomatoes but slow roasting them on your own is way better. Pre-heat oven to 300°F. Cover a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper. Halve each tomato and arrange cut side up in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake in oven for approximately 90 minutes, until somewhat shriveled and dry to the touch, but not fully dehydrated. Set aside until needed, letting them cool.
- In the last 30 minutes of roasting your tomatoes, start the Tasteful Selections Potatoes. Cut each Tasteful Selections Potato in half, sprinkle with dried basil, salt, pepper and olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the tomatoes and Tasteful Selections Potatoes are done, set them aside to cool and begin assembling the salad. Take a large bowl and fill with pesto, cheese, toasted pine nuts, olives, tomatoes and Tasteful Selections Potatoes. Mix gently but throughly. Add any extra salt and pepper to taste and finish with basil.
- While the salad can be consumed right away, it will also keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.Powered by Recipage
You can find Tasteful Selection potatoes at your local grocery store. Use the store locator to find a store near you. Also follow Tasteful Selections on Facebook for even more fantastic recipes and tips.
With all the amazing time saving tips and recipes that Tasteful Selections has to offer, there may just be one thing that will really save you time–an updated kitchen! Enter to win the #RescuedMoments Sweepstakes for your chance to win a kitchen makeover that is sure to Rescue your Moments. http://www.tastefulselections.com/rescuedmoments/
Disclosure: This is post is proudly sponsored by Tasteful Selections. I have been paid for this post and given free product in exchange for my recipe and thoughts. All opinions are my own. Thank you for your support!