Sunday, October 30, 2016

Week in Review - 10.30.16

Bambirebw

Sometimes you look back on a week and totally realize why you are exhausted! This was one of those weeks. It was crazy good but I could really use a good nap. 

Exercise

Untitled

Scott went out of town this week so I missed my usual Monday bootcamp but I made up for it with a pilates class on Sunday and barre3 on Tuesday. Wednesday I was back to boot camp and made it again on Thursday. Friday I was ready to go when I learned that our trainer was down for the count with a migraine. When you workout at 6 a.m., substitute teachers can be hard to find. Due to the aforementioned exhaustion, I took the opportunity to go back to bed. And this weekend was way too crazy with Halloween activities to get a workout in. However, I did get four awesome workouts in and I feel pretty good about that!

Food


squash2

It is all about squash around here! I made a delicious Stuffed Acorn Squash dish and shared it earlier this week on the blog. I expected Halloween candy to be a struggle but I decided to just accept it. I let myself have a few mini bars of candy and really enjoyed them. It was totally worth it. 

The Girls

Project 52 - Week 33

The girls had a busy week. Maggie was asked to not come back to ballet class for awhile so that was exciting. Maggie's class also went on a really fun field trip to Swansons where they got to go on a hay ride. On Friday we headed over to Scott's work for some office trick-o-treating where they raked in the candy loot. We followed up with a visit to my Mom's place where they scored more candy and finished our night at the elementary Harvest Festival. It was a crazy day. Their costumes are on point this year and I'm pretty proud of the job I've done with Molly's make-up. She wanted to be a scary vampire so I made it happen. 

Other Goings On

Untitled

I started and finished Maria Semple's "Today Will Be Different". I started a Unicorn Scarf for Molly's birthday present and have spent a lot of time planning for NaNoWriMo. I'm attempting to write a 50,000 word novel in November which is kinda insane since this is a busy month for me. I have the girl's birthday party, Molly's birthday, Thanksgiving and a house to prep for guests. 

Stories Published 

Is 6 a.m. too early for a yoga/dance party? We think not

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat