Friday, May 12, 2017

Kale Leek Quiche

Untitled

I'm a huge quiche fan. It's an easy dish that uses up all the eggs my backyard chickens lay and is easily made ahead of time so I can enjoy it for lunch throughout the week. While I do enjoy a handmade quiche crust, I also love the time-saving measure of using a pre-made pie crust. I created this particular quiche after receiving some beautiful leeks and kale in my organic produce box. I knew they would be delicious together in an egg dish. Enjoy this quiche at your Mother's Day celebration. Mom will thank you! 


Kale Leek Quiche

by Rebecca Mongrain
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Ingredients (8 servings)
  • 1 Pre-Made Crust
  • 5 oz lardons bacon, chopped
  • 1 cup sliced leeks
  • 1 cup sliced kale
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan
  • 4 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
  • 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place pre-made pie crust in quiche pan.
Fry up bacon and add leeks and kale. Cook until wilted.
Sprinkle bacon, leeks and kale over crust. Spread parmesan cheese on top.
Lightly beat eggs and egg yolks in a medium bowl with heavy cream, salt and pepper. Pour over bacon, leeks, kale and parmesan cheese.
Bake for 30-45 minutes until filling is golden brown. Allow it sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Powered by Recipage

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat