Saturday, December 16, 2017

Week in Review 12.16.17

Untitled

I did my very best to just relax this week. Unfortunately this meant I kinda turned off my brain and then had to scramble a few times to rectify problems I created for myself. Aye! Aye! Aye! I also volunteered quite a bit in Molly's classroom. I feel like we hit the jackpot with Molly's teacher. She's amazing! 


Untitled

Exercise

I got in 4 
workouts this week-  two boot camp classes, a barre3 class and a Studio45 pilates workout. I just cruised through my workouts. With the darkness and frigid cold, I just do not want to get out of bed early in the morning and workout. Then as the day progresses, I just don't feel like doing much of anything so I'm quite happy that I got in 4 solid workouts this week. 



Untitled
Food

Scott and I went to see Star Wars on Friday night and hit up a conveyor belt sushi joint before hand. We realized that Maggie would LOVE conveyor belt sushi so we are taking the girls to one on her birthday next week. I hope it doesn't drain our bank account as that girl loves sushi!

I also cleaned out the freezer, made inventory lists and put together our January menu full of simpler meals and even planned out the grocery lists. One of my goals in 2018 is to reduce our food waste and food bill. Better organization will help with this. I often find that I buy foods that we already have because I wasn't organized about it. 

Untitled

The Girls



Ballet class this week was parent participation but I was a party pooper and made Maggie participate. I was just too grumpy which was a shame. I did however help make 34 gingerbread houses for Molly's classroom and helped her teacher with some other classroom tasks. 

Both girls were holiday crazy this week and I know next week will only get worse. Molly will be on break but Maggie still has school. I have some plans for activities to keep us busy and full of festive cheer. 

Untitled

Other Goings On

It was a quiet week around here which was perfect! I am just about done with all the Christmas shopping and started wrapping everything. I started watching Riverdale during my wrapping sessions and I LOVE this show! It's amazing! It's going to continue to keep me company as I frantically work to finish the girl's birthday sweaters. 




Stories Published 

Seattle's Child: Ho-Ho-Homemade Gifts Kids Can Make
Seattle's Child: Tips and Tricks for Traveling with Kids During the Holidays
Seattle's Child: Give the gift of experiences this holiday season
Seattle Refined: 17 caffeinated gifts for the java nut in your life
Seattle Refined: 17 gifts for the folks on your list who spend ALL their time in the kitchen

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat