Thursday, December 28, 2017

2017 - A Year in Review

Untitled

2017 is coming to a close and while the political climate is not good, my year was pretty good, ok it was great! 


Untitled

We went on a ton of trips - Disneyland, the National Parks and lots of places nearby. I traveled for work and increased my client base. I exercised a lot. 


Untitled

I released a lot of feelings and belongings. We got a kitten! He destroyed things and I forgave him. 


Untitled

Untitled

Molly started kindergarten and I started my elementary school volunteer career. 


YOC - February Love


As for my goals, I completed 60% of them this year and I'm pretty happy about it! I did make great progress on 3 of the remaining 4 which is fantastic!

2017 Goals

1. Workout 217 times in 2017 - I did it! I got in 227 workouts in 2017. Having this goal really kept me focused on working out. It is something I really love to do but sometimes I fall off the wagon and running to catch up with it leaves me out of breath.


2. Participate in the Year of Creativity -  Our last theme was Hope and I have to say that I participated fully in this group. It got a bit too religious toward the end for me but otherwise it was really good and got me more into writing and developing my craft. 

3. Shoot one roll of film a month - I did well with this at the beginning of the year and then stumbled when it came to processing. I do think shooting film is a great way to work on my photo skills but this just wasn't the goal for me this year. 


4. Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - I'm about a third of the way through this goal and have a new deadline of March 15th for sending off my notebook. 


5. Finish my Miter Square Blanket - I stopped working on this goal sometime in June and never picked it back up. I plan to finish this in 2018. 

6. Read 52 books. - I almost did it! I read 46 books and loved most of them. 

7. Finish up various House Projects 

8. Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls - It took me all year but I have all the photos gathered into Flickr albums. The next step is making books for the girls. I have about 500 photos in each folder which means selecting photos is going to be a challenge. I might just have HUGE (i.e. expensive) books. I have a plan for continuing these. I have a monthly reminder to cull photos into albums and then in August/September a reminder to start the books for the year. I'm excited about getting caught up on this goal done by April 15th of next year. 

9. Become more politically active and work to be the change in my community. 

10. Learn how to make a really good stock 

Bonus Goal: Grow two new crops in my garden and add some chickens to my flock. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat