Monday, March 05, 2018

Cold Fighting Tips + Meal Prep Help from Dorot Gardens

Untitled

March is here and with it comes the promise of Spring! The last few months have been intense in the sickness department at my friend's homes so I've been packing our diet with immunity fighting foods. One of our favorites is Ginger, Turmeric and Grapefruit Tea and I especially love how Dorot Gardens helps me whip up this drink in mere minutes.

Untitled

I've been a fan of Dorot Gardens  ever since I discovered their frozen crushed garlic cubes at the store in the frozen vegetable area. While I can certainly crush my own garlic, I find it to be a hinderance when I'm rushing through dinner prep. With Dorot Gardens  I can grab a cube from the package and quickly be on my way.  I recently discovered they also have cilantro and basil herb cubes. I'm adding these to my freezer rotation.


Ginger, Turmeric and Grapefruit Tea

Ingredients

4 cubes of Dorot Gardens  Crushed Ginger
1/2 Tablespoon Grapefruit zest
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
2 cups boiling water
1-2 Tablespoons creamed honey

Directions
  1. Place Dorot Gardens Crushed Ginger, Grapefruit zest and ground turmeric in a glass container. Pour boiling water in and stir. 
  2. Let steep for 10-15 minutes before straining liquid. 
  3. Add creamed honey and cool before drinking over ice. 
Untitled

Untitled


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat