Thursday, March 01, 2018

Monthly Goal Check-In (February)


Untitled

February was a much slower month in the tackling of goals than January, which is ok with me. We spent almost 3 weeks in February traveling which is awesome but can get in the way of crossing off goals and one's to-do list. I think it is important to remember seasons ebb and flow. Sometimes you crush your goals and sometimes you make tiny bits of progress. Yearly goals are a marathon, not a sprint. In addition to these monthly updates, I've also decided to start having monthly goals to focus on. They will include a mix of these yearly goals along with goals just for that particular month. Look for that post later next week.  For now, here is my Monthly Goal Check-in for February! 

Untitled

2018 Goals
  1. Workout 218 times in 2018 - I worked out 15 times in February which I'm quite pleased with! I made sure to hit up classes when I was in town and we walked a ton in Australia. I'm at 38 workouts for the year with 180 to go. 
  2. Go Skiing 
  3. Complete "The Artist's Way" - I've been struggling with this goal. I am completely over morning pages but I have been keeping up on the tasks. I am forcing myself to do morning pages when I can but my dedication has waned. This will be one in a few short weeks though which thrills me! 
  4. Learn Hand Lettering - I did nothing on this goal in February.  
  5. Paint the Bathroom - I think I'm going to tackle this goal in April.
  6. Find a picture for the oval frame in my bedroom 
  7. Replace the sad Rhododendron plant with a Dwarf Japanese Maple (or another plant) - This goal needs to wait until late summer or fall.
  8. Build (or buy) a trellis for my vegetable garden - This is a May goal. 
  9. Buy a new dishwasher 
  10. Embrace Minimalism by doing the Minimalist Game for an entire month - I'm staring this on March 1st and I'm super excited. I have a special Instagram account to detail my purging. You can find it on Instagram at ReeBeckiMinimalistGame
  11. Reduce our food bill and food waste - I don't really have a good read on this for February since we ate out way more than usual. I'll be back at it March though. 
  12. Read War and Peace, Moby Dick, A Tale of Two Cities and The Grapes of Wrath - I started Moby Dick but it is a slooooooow read. 
  13. Read the Bible - I got really behind on this goal while traveling but am working to get caught up again. 
  14. Knit Nanoo - I started Nanoo but ran into some troubles. I need to email the designer with my questions because I can not figure out part of the pattern. I know it is all me and she'll explain it in two sentences and it will all click. I love the yarn and am excited about wearing this shawl. 
  15. Knit 12 hats for charity - I finished two hats in February and started on my third (March) hat yesterday.  
  16. Repeat Goal: Complete TKGA Master Knitting Level I - I have gathered my supplies and am re-starting this in ernest on March 1. I will not be completing it by the March 15th date but that is ok. 
  17. Repeat Goal: Finish my Miter Square Blanket  - Plugging away
  18. Repeat Goal: Catch up on my yearly photo books of the girls - Making slow but steady progress!
Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat