Saturday, March 03, 2018

Week in Review 3.3.18

This was my first full week back at home after the perpetual vacation of February and it was busy. I had work deadlines everyday, a basement to pack up and a big desire to just get sh*t done! I drove right in and made it happen! I'm exhausted and stressed out but so much was crossed off my to-do list. 

Untitled

Exercise

I got in 4 
workouts this week! I did two 
boot camp classes, a barre3 class and a Studio 45 class. It was great. I feel back in the grove and I'm loving it. I did miss a boot camp class as Scott was out of town and I couldn't figure out where to fit it in while the kids were at school. It is what it is! 

Food


I spent this week focusing on healthy, fresh food or what I tell the girls is, "growing food". The girls struggled with having Girl Scout cookies in the house so I had to hide them and dole out cookies one at a time. These cookies are quite addictive! 


Untitled

However, the girls were also excited when I made them fruit snacks and gobbled them up in no time. I need to remember that if I keep healthy, fresh fruit on hand that we eat it. I know, it is a novel concept. 

Untitled
The Girls


Maggie's preschool celebrated the Chinese New Year with a dance and a parade. Maggie's eyes were lit up with stars when she saw the dancers and their costumes. Even though I did not want to go and honestly evening events mess up bedtime, it was so worth it to see the excitement on Maggie's face. Molly was excited to see her great friend. They hung together and had the best time. So in the end, while bedtime was later than I liked, the evening was a success. 


Untitled

Molly had extremely rough drop-offs at school all week. On Friday, she chased after me, no less than three times. It was rooooough. She also celebrated her 100th day of school on Friday! 


Untitled

Other Goings On


We are diving into a basement remodel next week so this week has been about tying up lose ends. I had to get the basement packed away and everything stored, the garage cleared, contracts signed, checks written and more. Of course this was all going on as I as trying to hit my work deadlines and keep up with my kid duties. And avoiding the 6 baskets of laundry I (still) need to fold. 
I also have to rave about a cat toy I bought for Lewis. He has been driving me nuts and has been getting himself into lots of trouble. I decided to get him some new toys to keep him busy and this was the best thing I have ever purchased. The HEXBUG Nano Robotic Cat Toy coaxed him away from his food and kept him entertained for over two hours. I mean, WIN! 

Untitled


Stories Published 



Seattle's Child: March 2018 SHOP





No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat