Saturday, March 24, 2018

Week in Review 3.24.18

Untitled

I felt like I had a cold all week or maybe allergies? I don't know but I do know that we had crazy weather! Monday and Tuesday were gorgeous and sunny and perfect. Wednesday was rainy with Thursday being a soaker. Friday it snowed! I mean, SNOW? in March? Crazy times over here. Construction continued on and inspections were passed so we're moving on. I need to make some decisions like should I put in the gas range upstairs now? Will Scott be on board with that plan? Do we switch our 15 year old water heater now or wait until it fails? If money were no object, I'd totally go for it but I'm trying to be fiscally responsible but also not cause ourselves issues in the future. 


Untitled

Exercise


I got in 5 workouts this week! I did three boot camp classes and two barre3 classes. I was totally beat by Friday. I always debate working out 5 straight days in a row or working out two days, taking a break and then working out 3 more. I love the working out but the early morning wake-ups are the hard part right now. You'd think I'd be used to them by now!



Untitled

Food


I was lucky enough to get a pint of Imperfect Produce's collaboration with Frankie and Jo's on their Rhubarb Yuzu Yogurt. The flavor is available via scoops or pints at Frankie and Jo's locations until April 3rd and uses Imperfect Produce excess rhubarb. Maggie and I loved the yogurt though Maggie insisted she was having Strawberry ice cream. 

Untitled

I had a meeting at The Dane and was able to have one of their delicious sandwiches which was more arugula than bread and so delicious!

Untitled

The Girls


Molly has developed a bad habit of coming to our bed in the middle of the night and for awhile we just let it go because well, tired. Not this week. We decided it had to end. Turns out our child is quite stubborn and soon there was a stand-off at 2:30 a.m. in my bedroom. She didn't count on her more stubborn parents who refused to budge. We have coffee on our side and was liberally applied the next day but so far, she's staying in her bed and we're all sleeping better. She also seems to have gotten over the hump of school anxiety and seems happier there. She told me she loves learning the most about going to school so either she's telling tales or feeling better. 



Untitled

Maggie has been a spitfire this week. She's been yelling at the construction workers and telling them to use quieter saws. This cracked all of us up because the saw noise is what it is and while we'd all like construction to be quieter, it isn't. Maggie has also decided to only wear dresses and sequined ones at that. I'm convinced she is freezing but she said she wants to look fabulous! 



Untitled

Other Goings On

I'm also still going strong on the Minimalist Game and am quite pleased with my progress. I figured out that I've gotten rid of 300 items so far already! By the end of the month, it will be 496 items or more! 



Untitled

Construction is going well. The legal egress windows were cut this week which was loud and dusty. The window wells were also dug. My contractor said windows will be installed next week and the plumber should be making a visit to start installing shower valves and other stuff like that. 


Untitled

Stories Published

Seattle Refined: The absolute worst part about decluttering your home just became really, really easy


No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat