Monday, November 28, 2005
(Half) Marathoning

Yesterday I ran my second Seattle Half Marathon and it was lovely!

It did not rain, it did not snow, it did not hurt (too much) and best of all, it was SUPER FUN! OK well there was that point where Julie told me that she had done some calculations and that if I ran faster we could finish by 10:30 a.m. I grunted at her and gave her a look and we finished just after 10:30 a.m.

Julie and I ran the entire race together and we made sure to wave our arms in the air many times to help return the circulation. We looked like we were ready to "Praise the Lord" and shouted that a few times which caused much snickering.

As we ran, we passed beneath the squished Monorail, through the International District, down the I-90 to Lake Washington Blvd. where I saw friends, Jason and Megan. Then we headed up the HILL at Madison and through the Arborteum. Gummy Bears were consumed at this point. Eating the heads off bears releases much aggression! We weaved through Interlaken and down towards Mercer. Mile 12 provided some musical inspiration. They were playing Michael Jackson's Billy Jean which is my power running song. There were shouts of joy from Julie and I at that point. We chugged up the hill and sprinted into the stadium where I pretended to beat her.

It was fun and Julie's boyfriend, Eric was there to greet us and tell us how great we were. What was super great was the Guiness we consumed along with hamburgers! YUM!

I spent the rest of the day doing nothing but really enjoying it. I lounged. I ate the last piece of pumpkin pie and rejoiced in my accomplishment. And today, well today I'm doing well. I'm only a bit sore in the legs and that is a good thing!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat