Friday, December 12, 2014

Christmas Traditions - Advent Calendar Day 11, 12 & 13

dadsgrave

On Day 11 of our Advent Calendar, we visited my Dad's grave and left some flowers before heading out to lunch and a day of remembrance.

PlaydoughSnowmen1

For our twelfth day, we stayed close to house and made Play-doh Snowmen! I think I had more fun with the creations than Molly did.

PlaydoughSnowmen3

She did have fun gathering supplies on our walk home from preschool and loved putting buttons on the snowmen. She directed me in making a few of them too. 

Gingerbreadhouses4

Today, on Day 13, we headed to the Sheraton Gingerbread House Village which supports the JDRF Northwest Chapter. We had a great time checking out all the beautiful houses and Molly talked about the different ones all the way home. Maggie slept through our adventure. She would be so bummed if she knew what she missed out on. 

Gingerbreadhouses

Gingerbreadhouses2

Gingerbreadhouses1

I leave tonight for my first solo trip away from the girls. I'm going to visit my best friend in San Diego and I am so excited for a weekend away. While I'm gone, Scott is going to continue the Advent Fun with the girls. I'm sure they will be having an exciting weekend themselves. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat