Saturday, September 01, 2018

Week in Review 9.1.18

Untitled

I can feel it. I'm in the home stretch. School is supposed to start on Wednesday (barring a teacher strike) and I can do this! I'm actually now starting to feel sad about summer ending and the end of leisurely mornings. However, soon I'll have solid blocks of time to tackle the many projects around my house. And there are so many projects around this house. 

Untitled

Exercise


Workouts were great this week! I did 
three boot camps, a Barre3 class, a Burn Cycle class and one workout on my own. My personal workouts this week start and end with a 5 minute run. I thought it would be fun to have the kids ride bikes for me on both ends. That was a BIG mistake. They almost hit or were almost hit by one million cars. By the end of the 6 minutes it took us to go around the block, my heart rate was up not because of the run but because I feared for my children. 


Untitled

Food

Molly and I got in a HUGE Costco run on Sunday which meant our house has been packed to the gills with food. I feel ready to tackle school lunches though and if you need snacks, we have snacks! 


I have been straying from my morning smoothies so this week, I made up some smoothie packs and got back on the smoothie train. I feel better when I drink them in the morning and with coming onslaught of busy mornings, I'm going to be grateful for them soon. 


Most of our meals came from our local milk delivery farm this week. They sent out a brochure with Five Easy Weekday Meals and I loved how easy they were. Maggie inhaled the Baked Gnocchi and Meatballs. INHALED! 

Untitled


The Girls

The girls and I had a low-key week but we also went to Bainbridge Island for an adventure. I love riding the ferry and the girls had a fantastic time at the Kid's Museum. 

Untitled

Otherwise they played and made messes and prepared for school. This summer has been intense and I am so ready for them to have a solid routine. 

Untitled

Other Goings On


Scott and I were able to get two dates in this week which was gang busters! I scheduled a babysitter to watch the kids while we attended a preschool orientation and then I had her stay a bit longer so we could go out to dinner. Then on Friday friends asked us to go out and I was able to get another sitter to watch the kids. Then their sitter canceled on them but we made lemonade and had a great night while rescheduling with our friends. I've been trying to get more date nights in with Scott because it helps remind us why we like each other. We had a great time on Friday night just roaming around and talking about nothing. 

Untitled

Stories Published


Seattle Refined: Cookies, cookies, cookies! We found the best in Seattle

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat