Saturday, September 22, 2018

Week in Review 9.22.18

Untitled

This week started out strong with the return of Scott from Indonesia and the kids enjoying school. I also went for my first run in a very long time and it wasn't too bad. Unfortunately Friday morning found me exceptionally sick so I had to miss boot camp. I was in no state. I barely got Molly's lunch made (the kid won't buy hot lunch) and drove the one block to school where I convinced her to hop out at the drop off line. It was a rough morning. Scott got everyone dressed and fed before heading out to work. What a morning but we did it! 

Untitled

Exercise

I was a cycling fiend this week to keep going on my 100 Rides with City Cycle by June 2019 challenge. I got in one
 boot camp, two City Cycle classes, a BurnCycle class and went running! on my own. My new workout from my program includes 15 minutes of running for the start of the workout. I did not want to do it but I went out and it was not bad. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my lungs were totally on board with the program but my legs were like, ummm we haven't done this in awhile, we feel weird! It was amazing. I read this post after running and felt like it was something I could have written. So much truth. 


Untitled

Food

I had some amazing salads this week from Acme Food and Farms. I just love their delivery service and feel like it is the best around. I also did some major food prep on Sunday and made freezer meals on Thursday. Woot! Woot! 

I kept up with the snack trays for my kids this week and it has really helped the grazing. They are also eating way better. I put out a variety of food and they get so excited. They don't necessarily eat everything but I know they are eating "growing" food instead of 100 granola bars. 

Untitled

Untitled

The Girls

Molly started a new Girl Scout troop this week and she is loving it! I'm loving the relaxed attitude which is different from our previous troop. Maggie's school had their fall BBQ and Scott captured the photo of Mags above. She is a huge goof ball and is loving her longer days at school. 

Untitled

Other Goings On

My most exciting news this week is I finished my puzzle! I'm ready to start another one but I'm not sure where to do it. I'm not ready to move my other puzzle along just yet. 

Untitled

I also attended a reading with KJ Dell'Antonia and Bonnie Rough at Phinney Books which was amazing. KJ's book is just what I need at this point in my parenting life. I need to remember that I am happy and that I wanted to be a parent. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat