Friday, September 14, 2018

Week in Review 9.1518

Untitled

We finished up our second week of school! We're gently sliding into our new routine and so far, so good. I've tried to build a lot of free play into Molly's after school schedule. Scott left of Jakarta on Monday so we've been on Mongrain Girl Adventure all week. I kept dinners simple, planned babysitting and had dinner with a friend. 


Untitled

Exercise

I tackled my workouts this week even if they were few! I got in two
 boot camps and a City Cycle class. My friend, Shelley and I decided to challenge ourselves to 100 Rides with City Cycle by June 2019. I have 17 rides under my belt which means I need to get in 83 more rides. I also re-did my Transformation program assessments and was happily surprised at my improvements. 


My new measurements are:

Pushups in 60 seconds (I did these on my toes instead of my knees): 10 (24) (16)

Step Ups in 60 seconds: 30 (24) (24)
Inverted Rows: 8 (7) (5)
Plank (for time)(full plank on forearms with one leg up, previously full plank on forearms): 58 seconds(1:08) (57 seconds) 
3 Hill Runs: 7:08 (7:31) (7:45)



Untitled

Food

The girls have been grazing like mad which drives me nuts because they leave wrappers about and don't always choose the best growing food. I got a new tray that I've dubbed the snack tray and have been putting together better food choices for when they get home from school. They usually gobble it right up which is A+ in my book and they don't leave wrappers all over the house. 



Untitled

I keep our dinners super simple this week. There is no need to make a full dinner for two kids who won't appreciate the effort. The best dinner was the one we had with my friend at MOD Pizza. The kids were insane, her parents were awesome and we had a great time. 

Untitled


The Girls

Maggie is loving soccer and hip-hop dance class. She is really just thriving. She keeps saying the funniest things. She told her preschool teacher that her favorite thing to do in class is, "stare at her". She also asked her speech therapist if she wanted kids and then said, "I'm still deciding if I want kids." I swear, she is full of thoughts and interesting conversations. 


Untitled

Molly started dance class this week and seemed to like it. She's taking Jazz/Hip-Hop this year but once again it is later in the evening which is hard for her as she starts to fade. She also started swim lessons again at the indoor pool and was excited to go with just me as Maggie has her long day at school then. 

Untitled

Other Goings On

I have a strong puzzle addiction going on right now which I'm not mad about. I've been spending my evenings with the kids just working on my puzzle. We've really cut down on screentime and it has been amazing. The kids play with Legos while I work on my puzzle and we play music. Such a relaxing way to unwind from the day. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat