Saturday, September 08, 2018

Week in Review 9.8.18


Untitled

SCHOOL STARTED THIS WEEK!!!! It was the most fantastic thing to have happened in awhile. We had a quiet start to the week and I'm planning to keep things low-key this weekend. The start of school can be so busy and getting back into a good routine, exhausting. 

Untitled

Exercise


I got in some good workouts this week. I did 
three boot camps, a Barre3 session, a City Cycle class and one workout on my own. My timing was all over the place due to school starting but I'm glad I decided to just go when I could. I may have possibly pulled a stomach muscle this week which is amazing as I didn't know, I had stomach muscles. There is something hiding under there! I'm taking today off to let my muscles heal up. 


Untitled

Food

I made some amazing corn chowder this week and will post the recipe next week. It was so good that I was extremely excited about leftovers. I'm still drinking my Fab4 Smoothies and loving the routine. It was especially helpful this week as we slid into our early morning school routine. I was able to fill up without much effort which is key in our quick turn around mornings. 


Untitled

On Friday, Molly had a birthday party to attend so Scott and I went on a date with Maggie. She decided she wanted to go to Katsu Burger since they had sushi and burgers. Thankfully they have an amazing happy hour menu because I ordered a load of sushi for Maggie without breaking the bank. 

Untitled



The Girls

The girls both started school on Wednesday - Molly to First Grade and Maggie to Pre-K. I was more excited than them but they were still pretty excited. So far they are loving school and their teachers. 


Untitled

They had their last outdoor swim class for the season on Thursday. I was sad to say goodbye to warm summer days but excited to not have to drive over the bridge twice a week. We'll be moving our swimming escapades inside for the fall. We also started Hip Hop class and soccer this week, both of which went over stellar! 

Untitled

Other Goings On


I started a writing workshop this week and I am really excited about it. It's a storytelling workshop which is something I really want to improve in my writing. I have stories within me, I just want to tell them better. 


Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat