Friday, July 22, 2005
Training for a Triathlon

I remember back when I started down the Triathlon path. I was strict with myself! No alcohol, completion of every workout or more every day and a healthy diet. I’m sad to say that some of those of fallen by the way-side. I’ve learned along the way that some wine won’t hurt your training and that if you miss a work-out, life won’t end. I have taken up the healthy eating though and have really improved it. (Want proof? Well last time my blood pressure was checked it was 135/90 (that was February), today it was 128/78!)

So Julie and I have been training for a triathlon. Yep, a long one too and while she made me commit to training, we haven’t been killing ourselves. This week was a bit hectic for both of us so there were 2 missed workout but that’s ok, because we did Bike 15 miles and run 3.5 on Sunday, Ran Hills on Wednesday, Swam more than 1200 yards on Thursday and rejoiced in our accomplishments on Friday.

Next week, we’ll be out in full-force, though I do have conflicts on two days but I’ll make it work! Tomorrow (since Julie ditched me and headed up to the San Juans for a weekend of fun) I’ll be running 4 miles with Mot and then on Sunday, I’m making her bike 12 miles. She’s going to love me by the end of the weekend! Monday is swimming, Tuesday is a easy 45 minute bike ride but we’ll need to throw in some hills to make up for this week, Wednesday I’m working the Tears for Fears concert and Thursday attending the Stitch and Pitch at the Stadium. So Friday instead of resting, I’ll be swimming.

Then it will start all over again and I’ll like it.

(also posted over at Racing)

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat