Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Re-Entry into Fitness (Post-Partum Style)

Day 280 (280/366): Rededication!

Maggie is almost 3 months old (where has the time gone?) and I'm starting to think about my post-partum fitness. I was feeling pretty darn fit when I got pregnant with Maggie and I vowed to stay fit throughout my pregnancy. Around 26-28 weeks, that vow went out the window when my pelvic pain got pretty intense. I got slothy.



Then I had Maggie and was sidelined with breastfeeding, pumping and diaper changes. We are slowly coming out of the newborn fog and I am ready to get fit again. This is where my FitBit comes into play. My FitBit helps keep me accountable and I also like the social challenge. I check to see where my friends are on their steps and a lot of the time, it spurs me to get out and get more steps in.

I Ran Like A Mother! And my fans cheered like family!

I've also decided to make mini goals to help me on the road to fitness.
  • March/April's goal is to get 10,000 steps a day! 
  • May's goal will be to complete the 30 Day Shred (+ 10,000 steps)
  • June/July's goal will be to complete the Couch to 5K program (+10,000 steps)
I'll be checking in to report on my progress and I'd love your tips on getting exercise while taking care of two wonderful kids and pumping like a maniac (more on that later). 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat