Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Week in Review 6.16.18

Untitled

This week, man. This remodel. These final weeks of school. It's all a bit much. I'm trying to keep treading water and make it through to summer and our big annual road trip. We are heading into our final week of school and then we have two weeks at home before we head out. There is so much to get done before then. 

Untitled

Exercise

I did three boot camps, one barre3 class and a Studio45 class this week. I had planned to do two barre3 classes but got waylaid by a late board meeting.  I was not pleased because I missed class with one of my favorite teachers. I've been working to push it a bit harder in boot camp so instead of doing modified jumping jacks, I'm trying to do full jumping jacks. Instead of using 12.5 lb barbells, I'm upping it to 15 lbs barbells. The push has been good! 


Food

I've been really focusing on food this week with my current transformation program. We have been flying through the produce which is both awesome and frightening. I get two produce boxes a week and still have to supplement with the grocery store. My kids are produce animals which is awesome. 


Untitled

We ate at the new Katsu Burger in Ballard on Saturday night and it was so good! They have both sushi and burgers so everyone was so happy with their meals. The girls asked to go back again. Scott said it was perfect and I really enjoyed my bento box meal. 

Untitled

The Girls

Molly has been dealing with so many big emotions. I think she is having a hard time dealing with the school year ending. She's been struggling, trying to figure out what her new routine will be. I tried to explain to her that the beauty of summer is not having a routine but I'm not sure that is working for her. We'll settle into a Summer routine and it will be great, as long as we can make it through this final week. 


Untitled


Maggie has been having so much fun this week. She started swim lessons at Blue Ridge in addition to Mounger pool and is having a blast. Her skills are really ramping up. I just need her to use her arms more when she swims. Her legs are kicking like mad! 

Untitled


Other Goings On

Tiling has started in the bathroom and it looks so nice! Otherwise we are at the end of the remodel where I want to kill everyone and things are going off schedule. I was hoping to have this done by the time we left on vacation but it looks like it is going to bleed into August. It is what it is. The space is going to look amazing which is my only sanity saver right now. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat