Saturday, June 09, 2018

Week in Review 6.9.18


Untitled

The end of the school year is not for the weak. We've had events at two different schools until late into the night almost every night this week. Scott was also out of town for most of the week which meant I couldn't hand off a tired child to go home for rest. By the time Friday rolled around, we were beat! But we made it and we have 10 days left of school so we are plowing ahead.  

Untitled

Exercise

Even with Scott gone, I got in my workouts. Whenever he announces a work trip, the first time I do is pull out my calendar and adjust my workouts. He always laughs but my workouts are important. 
I did three boot camps and one barre3 class. I had planned to do two barre3 classes but then just couldn't fathom working out on Thursday. I always think if you are fighting a workout with all your body and soul, maybe you should skip it. I'm on target for my 22 workouts for this month with 6 work outs already in the bank.


Untitled

Food

I started a Transformation Program with my gym this week so food has been top of mind. I did my favorite thing on Sunday which is MEAL PREP! Whenever I do this, we eat better. I also meal planned some amazing vegetable focused meals. 


Untitled

I also did some recipe testing for a friend and made a mussel dish. I fully admit to being nervous about this but I was so thrilled to have a reason to go to the fish store on the corner. I have never been in the eight years we have lived here and I fully question this after visiting it. They had amazing seafood and I will be back! Also the mussels, so easy to make and so delicious! 

Untitled

The Girls

Molly had her school's jog-a-thon this week and did pretty good. She also showed off her amazing artwork and I was able to meet the new principal of her school. Maggie's school had their summer BBQ which Maggie loves. The girls also started swim lessons at the outdoor pool and have been loving it. It's a busy time but they seem happy! 

Untitled


Other Goings On


I finished two books this week for Book Bingo which is awesome as I have plans to read *gasp* eight books this month. It's a big goal but I can do it. The basement floors are currently being put in which means there is loud construction at my house on a Saturday but there will be FLOORS TODAY! Hooray! Carpet is coming after painting and tile should start next week. It's all coming together. I'm excited and antsy for it to be done. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat