Saturday, June 02, 2018

Week in Review 6.2.18

Untitleda

This week. Man, it was quite a week. We started out with a really fun visit to the Anderson School for a one night mini break. We swam, we ate, we watched tv into the night. It was great! After coming home, Scott and I headed out for a date to see Solo which we really enjoyed. The next morning, Maggie woke up with a stiff neck. I went to my workout and started pressure washing the deck when I got home. I was zooming through my household to-do list. Scott mentioned that Maggie was off her game and when I went into check on her, she was burning up. Turned out she had a 103F fever. I didn't like any of it and tried to take her to Urgent Care who sent us directly to the ER. After 7 hours of poking, prodding, an IV and a ct scan, we were released with a diagnosis of swollen tonsils and a prescription for antibiotics.  Maggie is on the mend but the ER visit and the subsequent days spent comforting my sick child threw me off my game.



Untitled

Exercise

I did manage to stay on top of my workouts! I need exercise to keep my mental game strong. I missed one planned workout and added in another one later in the week to make up for it. I did four boot camps and one barre3 class. Two of the boot camp work outs were Core de Force which I'm not a huge fan of. I much prefer boot camp. But I did them and got in great workouts. 



Untitled

Food

I canned some Salsa Verde this week. Tomatillos have been coming in strong in our produce boxes so I ordered extra and went to town. I'm also excited to say that everything in the picture above from our Imperfect Delivery on Tuesday has been consumed except for the potatoes. Hooray for produce! 

Untitled

I checked out a new place for a story I'm doing called, Fremont Bowl and I've already been back twice. Maggie was so excited about the bowl of just sashimi salmon and Scott loved his chicken katsu. Molly literally hovered down her bowl of salmon and rice. 

Untitled

The Girls

As told above, Maggie started out the week sick but is so much better now. She's been getting on my nerves the last few days so she's really back to herself. She told me on Tuesday that she missed school and couldn't wait to go back. I love that she loves preschool. 

Untitled

Molly had her kindergarten concert and FINALLY all these songs she's been singing around the house make sense. I loved her concert. She was really nervous but did so well. We were so proud of her. She also had her last t-ball game today and when her coach asked who they'd see next year, she said, NOT ME! I'm done playing t-ball. So I guess we know how that went. I'm glad she tried it out though. 

Untitled


Other Goings On


I started Book Bingo this week and am furiously reading. I love Book Bingo.  The basement remodel is continuing along. I am waiting for some quotes from painters and we are scheduled for floors and tile next week! I have a post coming out next week with updates. 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat