Tuesday, February 15, 2005
Interweaving Lara

I've been hard at work on Lara, knitting through the endless rows and rows of St St but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel! I have 10 more rows of straight St St before I head into the homestretch of decreases and sleeve formation!



Of course the endless knitting distraction continues to strike! Last night I received my Interweave Knits!


See that cute pink heart in the corner? It was my valentine from Zubin! I love it!

The best part about receiving the magazine was that last week, I received a notice to "ACT NOW" and extend my subscription.



BUT at that point in time, I hadn't even received the very first magazine of my subscription (which was wonderfully gifted to me by my friend Krista). Now that is EARLY subscription extension!

I didn't have time for much more than a quick glance through the magazine when I got home last night but there are some wonderful designs! I think I spied a sock pattern that might be in my knitting future.

Last night in honor of what a good friend calls, "Black Monday" (he always makes me laugh so hard!), Mot and I went out to the Stranger's Valentine's Day Bash with Dan Savage. We also brought along a new friend named Heather. (For reference, Mot and Heather attend school together.) So the Bash was both fun and sad. People bring in mementos of failed relationships, share their sad story of woe and then have Dan destroy the item on stage. People brought in everything from handmade vases to a box of tampons and a wooden pear. People had such tales of woe that one's heart broke for them but I could also see how the destruction of a love momento could be healing. We left around 10 p.m. BUT I do wish that we could have stayed longer. Heather and Mot were very understanding about leaving since it was a school night and I do need my rest in order to do something resembling work!

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat