Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Reasons Why It Is OK To Love A Dog More Than A Human



Over the past week, Zubin has been ill. He slowly lost his ability to walk and began to drool uncontrollablly. His Mum took him to the vet where they discovered that he has Degenerative Myelopathy which is quite common on German Shephards (as I told Julie, he didn't tell us about this before he snatched our hearts).

Degenerative Myelopathy is an autoimmune disease which attacks the nervous systems of dogs and leads to progressive neural tissue damage. Most dogs benefit from medication and go into remission, leading near normal lives.



Luckily Zubin is now at home and I am planning to visit him once I am done at work. I'm happy to know that he is doing so much better because life wouldn't be the same without him.



Zubin is the only dog that I've ever had boss me into going on a run. Few dogs would let me dress them in sweaters and then blast that image over the internet, but Zubin isn't like other dogs because he's special to me.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat