Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pinterest Thursday - Knitted Bunny

Thank you so much for all the great advice last Thursday. I will be making your suggested pins starting next week. I have some materials to gather first!

This week I decided to tackle the Bunny from a Knitted Square. I figured it couldn't be too hard. Ha! Those were my famous last words. Note: I've seen this pinned all over with a link to a Japanese site. I decided to Google and found the original source. I've cleaned up my pins to direct to the proper site. 



I started with a knitted square out of some leftover angora. I cast on 28 stitches on size 6 needles and knit until my square was as long as it was wide; about 5" x 5". I watched Call the Midwife while knitting the square which made everything more delightful. I love that show. If you are not watching it, you need to start. 


I then sewed a running stitch of matching yarn through the middle of the square. I folded the square in half to find the center, rather than guessing. I tied a knot in the end of one side of the yarn.


Then I completed sewing a triangle, using running stitch, through the top of the square.


Next I tugged on the yarn and started pulling the square together. Like magic, it started looking like a bunny!


See the ears?


I next stuffed the head before using mattress stitch to sew up the body. I stuffed the body before sewing it all up with some poly-fil. I feel like I either over-stuffed or under-stuffed because I'm not 100% in love with my bunny. He needs something but I'm not sure what. 




I added a ribbon to give him some flair and I may re-do the tail but all in all a fun project! This is going to be part of a baby shower gift that I'm putting together. The baby won't care at all that the bunny isn't perfect! 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat