There is a coffee shop that I often visit after Molly and I go around Greenlake. It has good parking and is on the way to the place I pick up my Mom from her cardio rehab program. The coffee is good but their snacks are even better.
They have these Wheatless Breakfast Bars that are delicious but at $2.50 a piece, I knew my addiction to these bars would be hard on my wallet. After reading the ingredient list, I decided to re-create these at home. I'm so glad I did because these are a delightful little treat for both Molly and me.
Wheatless Energy Bars
Makes 14 bars
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Using a rubber spatula, spread the mix into the prepared pan.
4. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight before cutting the bars into 14 pieces.
5. Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or tea.