Saturday, June 25, 2016

Week in Review - 6.25.16

Untitled

This was a pretty great week and I totally killed it with working out. It was also the end of a chapter for me - the last day of co-op. I've really struggled with co-op this year and was really glad to be at the end. I also spent some time thinking about to all that I accomplished there and have to say that I'm quite proud of what I did even if the appreciation wasn't there. I know I made some good improvements to the school that will help it go forward. (Now excuse me while I work on getting my arm back into joint from patting myself on the back)

Exercise

As I said, I killed it on exercise this week. I went to Sync Bootcamp, 3 times. Wednesday's workout was epic. The trainer had four decks of cards and we were to select a card to find out our workout. If someone pulled a Joker then it meant the entire class had to run the huge hill and do 10 burpees. I think 6 of the 8 jokers were pulled! My Fitbit reported that I had run 30 floors by the end of class. A typical day is usually 12 floors so I was way over my average. I also took a barre3 class on Tuesday and put Maggie in childcare. I was pouring sweat throughout the class and then had to drag Maggie out of childcare. She did not want to leave! On Thursday, I took a reformer pilates class that was honestly way too easy. It was nice to stretch but I was hoping for a little more of a workout. It was a huge difference from the reformer pilates class I took a few months ago where I prayed to God and decided that I'd rather give birth again than continue with the class. Friday's class was hard, partly because I was so tired from 4 straight days of working out and partly because Jill (the trainer) always gives us a nice, hard workout. I don't think I'll be doing 5 straight days of working out again. I need a break every three days!

Untitled

Food

I get an organic box of vegetables and fruit delivered on Wednesdays and this week, I decided to quickly prep everything as soon as it was delivered. I cut up the broccoli, shelled the peas, sliced up the lettuce and get it all taken care of about 20 minutes after delivery. Now my fridge is stocked with healthy vegetables which makes them easier for all of us to eat.

Untitled

I also had Maven Meals delivered this week. I had a busy week and having some pre-made, prepped food in the house meant that I ate well. I had salads delivered and some breakfast foods. The breakfast quiche was so filling that I couldn't finish it and wasn't interested in lunch until way later. I love that kind of breakfast. It was also full of veggies and delicious-ness.

#100daysofsummer is celebrating the last day of co-op!

The Girls

The girls had swim lessons all week again and have really been improving. Poor Maggie is terrified of her teacher on Monday night though. I think I'm going to take them one more time and let her sit out. She was physically shaking which is not like her. She was eventually lured into the pool when they switched the teacher and did fine at swimming at the other pool all week.

Both girls enjoyed their last days of co-op and preschool. Molly will continue at preschool for the summer session before moving to a pre-K classroom in September. Maggie will start in September.

Molly had her last ballet class this week and is bummed that she won't be dancing until September. I told her that she could always dance at home. Both girls will be taking ballet again in the Fall. Maggie has been dying to be in classes so she'll be thrilled when classes start.

Untitled

Other Goings On

I received my Mighty Fix this week. I started this a few months ago and I love it. Every month for $10, the company ships me something that is better for the environment but super useful in my home. This month, I received some glass containers. Previous months have included dryer balls (love them!), bees wrap (ehhh) and reusable snack bags (hooray!).

Untitled

We also received our monthly Bookroo package. Every month the girls receive two new books. They love books and getting two new ones a month is a winner. I also got a Give $10, Get $10 referral code this month so if you are interested in trying Bookroo out, here is my referral code: REBMON I also gave into temptation and signed up for the Book of the Month Club so I'll be getting my own books every month too! Disclosure: The Book of the Month Club link is also a referral code so if you sign up, I get free stuff. 


Untitled

I received an avalanche of work so I spent Wednesday night putting all my stories on index cards with due dates and the research that needs to be done. I find that using index cards helps me keep my thoughts organized and means that I actually work faster which when you are being paid per piece or word and not for the actual time it takes you to write, means you get paid more in the end. Now excuse me while I get back to researching, photographing and writing all these fun stories! 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat