Tuesday, June 14, 2016

10 on 10 (June)

This month's 10 on 10 fell on a Friday. Friday is the girls and I's one free day of the week so I try to plan adventures. I thought we had a birthday party to attend but got the date totally wrong (we showed up a week early to the party) so I had to think quickly on my feet. I decided to take the girl's Strawberry picking. We headed up to Monroe and had a grand time before returning to Seattle for Maggie's doctor appointment.

Untitled

I started my day with Sync Boot Camp before enjoying breakfast with Maggie who is obsessed with this leapfrog phone she found on the playground.

Untitled

The girls watched tv while I got ready for the day. For some reason, they decided to use their play tunnel as a blanket which cracked me up. 

Untitled

After loading up the girls for our ill-fated trip to Lynnwood for the birthday party, I quickly turned the morning around into something fun - berry picking!

Untitled

We headed up to Monroe since I had seen a post on Facebook that morning saying that they had berries. I didn't have much time to plan so I went with my first thought which worked out great! The berries were thin but that didn't matter since we were just there for the experience. 

Untitled

Untitled

After berry picking, we headed back to Seattle for Maggie's doctor appointment. She's been having some unexplained hives so we were headed to the allergist for some answers. We got back early so I stopped at UVillage so the girls could get their wiggles out at the play area. The girls also convinced me to get them some candy. 

Untitled

Untitled

Once at the allergists, Maggie had an allergy test which required me holding her still for 20 minutes. It wasn't fun but we made it through with a little help from a Dora video. Unfortunately we didn't find anything for Maggie to be allergic to so the hives continue to be a mystery. 

Untitled

I finished the day out in the backyard. My garden is going gang-busters and I'm ready to start a second planting of lettuce. 

Untitled

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat