Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Mini Pumpkin Oatmeal Muffins for Littles

Pumpkin Oatmeal Mini Muffins

Now that Molly is eating solid food all the time and I mean, ALL the TIME, I've started creating some fun recipes that also save me a bit of time. It's important that I make food that Molly can hold herself and is packed with nutrition. I'm lucky right now in that Molly eats pretty much anything but I'm aware that someday finickiness will rear its' head.  I hope I'm ready for it! 


Until that time comes, I've been busy making lots of mini food items for Molly. One of favorites is mini muffins. They are not terribly messy and can be packed full of delicious treats. I like these muffins in particular because Molly can easily feed herself with them and she gets super yummy nutrition. 


Pumpkin Oatmeal Mini Muffins


Pumpkin Oatmeal Mini Muffins
Makes 12

Ingredients

1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup pumpkin purée 
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup wheat bran
1/3 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup light brown sugar (optional, depending on how sweet the muffins)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
pinch salt (optional) 


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 (F). 
2. Mix first three ingredients in a large mixing bowl. 
3. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. 
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet in large spoonfuls and mix to just combined. 
5. Drop batter into greased mini muffin tray by the heaping tablespoon (I use a cookie dough scoop).  
6. Bake for 15 minutes or so. 
7. Cool in pan and then remove and cool for an additional 5 minutes on a wire rack.


Note: I think adding a 1/2 cup of cranberries, raisins, dried apricots or even mini chocolate chips would make these even more delicious! I freeze 4-6 muffins in freezer bags to serve later. They keep well for about two months. 

Packaged Pumpkin Oatmeal Mini Muffins

1 comment:

Unknown said...

these sound delicious! will be trying them...thanks R!

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat