Wednesday, October 20, 2004
Rhinebeck Dreams

No, I didn’t go to Rhinebeck this weekend but after reading about everyone’s adventures there, I know that I missed out on quite an adventure. I’m seriously considering going next year!

In knitting news, Lara is moving along. I finally reached the division point. Those 42 rows of st st bored me to tears and really slowed me down. Also for some reason, purling with alpaca silk makes my hand become “claw-like” after awhile.



I can not wait to finish and wear this sweater. I’ve been browsing the knitting blogs who have completed their Lara sweaters and I’m in love with them. Seriously.

The marathon countdown is dawning closer. I will have run 26.2 miles in 11 days. In 9 days I have to get up at 4 a.m. to catch a 6 a.m. flight to Baltimore. In 12 days, I will visit Knit Happens for my knitting prize. Yes, I get a HUGE knitting prize for running 26.2 miles and since Knit Happens is in the area, that is where I’m getting my prize. I do hope Kristine is in town so I can meet her in person!

Carolyn, I’m still reading Jonathan Strange. I do love it and I can’t wait to discuss it but The Sims requires devotion from me and who am I to deny The Sims what they need? I mean you can see in the picture of Lara above that I'm reading it, it is just a very large book and I am savoring every word. Yes, that is what I am doing. I do wish I could play Sims at work though.

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat