Thursday, April 16, 2015

Pinterest Thursday - Glitter Jars


This week has been Spring (No) Break for us so I've been busy thinking of fun craft activities that we can do. While searching Pinterest, I found this fun Glitter Jar activity and I luckily had everything on hand! I found an old salsa jar and decided to spray paint the lid to dress things up. Molly loved watching me spray the paint and really wanted to get involved. I was a bit apprehensive about giving a can of spray paint to my 3 year old though. 


The kids love shaking the jar and watching the glitter settle. I had Molly select the figurine for the inside. She has a ton of small toys. The first two she tried were too big though but we finally settled on this funny looking dog. I then glued the dog to the lid and had Molly had glitter to the jar. We poured in water and glued the lid onto the jar. It was a very easy process and would have taken less than 10 minutes if I hadn't spray painted the lid. 

Here are the directions from Whimsical Wonderland Weddings. They have a ton of fun DIY projects. 

Photo Credit: Whimsical Wonderland Weddings

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat