Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pinterest Thursday: How to Make a Kid-Friendly Terrarium

Terrariums

It's been forever since I've done a Pinterest Thursday but I had to share today's find with everyone. A few times a month at Molly's preschool, I'm charged with coming up with a small group activity. There are four kids in our group and after snack, we do an activity to teach them about something. I've done animal yoga, stencil cards and today we made terrariums! 

pinterest

I found this great pin from Teaching 2 and 3 Year Olds on Pinterest and got so excited about doing this with our group. I sent out an email to the other parents asking them to bring in a glass jar and then gathered supplies with Molly. We had to go to a few different stores to get all the supplies. The hardest item to find was the activated charcoal, which I located at Petco in the fish department. 

Terrariums

The kids were so excited and loved scooping all the different parts into their jars. They were especially excited about the marine animal figurines I brought for their terrariums. 

Terrarium

This was such a hit that Molly and I came home and made three more terrariums. I've stashed the supplies and hope to bring them out this summer when the days get a bit longer and we have more unscheduled time.

PS I wrote a story about Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs for Seattle Refined. Go check it out! 

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat