Thursday, November 14, 2013

Pinterest Thursday - Pin the Tail on the Giraffe!

I've been trying to come up with some fun games for Molly's birthday party. Most of the kids will be 2 or younger so the games can't be complicated in the least. While pursuing Pinterest, I found a great (and free printable) game, Pin the Tail on the Giraffe!


I downloaded the free printable and initially I looked into having this printed at Kinko's but they wanted to charge me $22 which seemed like a lot for a one time use. The blogger in this pin mentioned that they got their giraffe printed at Costco for around $7 so I decided to look into that option. I sent the picture off and it was printed that same day. My only complaint is that Costco does not do any quality checking so the top of the giraffe's head was cut off. I didn't have time to make the 60 min round trip again before Molly's party so I decided to print out the head and tape it onto the sheet. The kids will never know!

giraffe print

For the tails, I decided to make them out of ribbon. I tied the top of the ribbon and then cut them all to the same length. I made about 15 of these. To attach the tails to the giraffe, I decided to use double-sided tape to prevent any injuries to the littles. 

ribbons

ribbon tie

I'm excited to watch the little ones play this game. I'm pretty sure that they won't understand where to "pin" the tails but I do know that they will have a lot of fun with this activity. 
NaBloPoMo November 2013

No comments:

 
Rebecca Mongrain's Blog © 2013.

Design by The Blog Boat